Cargo Services Sector, as an organizationl unit of the P.C. „SARAJEVO“ International Airport Ltd. Sarajevo provides the following services:
- handling of goods and mail
- handling of special shipments (DG, VAL, PER, etc.)
- documentary handling
- sales of air waybills
- storage of imported goods (all shipments excluding animals (AVI)), mortal remains (HUM), radioactive material (RRY, RRW), valuables/money shipments (VAL),veterinary medicines. Ammunition can be stored only with approval of the Border Police Unit and Customs Office at Sarajevo Airport.
- door-to-door delivery of goods by airport vehicles
Our partners are airlines (Turkish Airlines, Lufthansa, Adria Airways, Croatia Airlines, Air Serbia, Austrian Airlines,Pegasus airlines), forwarding agents, sales agents, courier services, diplomatic missions, etc.
Sales, International Forwarding and Documentation Office
Phone:+387 33 289 340 Phone:+387 33 289 342
Customs Bond Office
Phone:+387 33 289 341
Cargo Operative Staff: 08.00 - 22.00 hrs every day
Customs warehouse: Mon – Fri 08.00 – 17.00 hrs
Note: In exceptional cases shipments may be taken over after working hours of Customs warhouse (medicines to be stored at certain temperature, diplomatic shipments or goods of exceptions importance) if a beneficiary or his authorized representative provides for Customs clearance.
PREMISES AND EQUIPMENT
Cargo Center floor surface is over 800 m² (including import and export area). The premises are equipped with CCTV system for monitoring and control purposes.
- Cooling chamber (+2°C - +8°C) of 20 m³ capacity
- Freezing chamber (-20°C) of 7 m³ capacity
- Dangerous goods (DG) storage area
- Cabinet for storage of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances
- Cabinet for poison storage
- Scales up to 200 kg
- Manual palleters
- Palleter with electric scales of 2t capacity
- Electric forklifts
- Safes for valuables
- X-ray machine for screening of shipments
- Electric scales up to 5 t
- Cargo troleys for transport of shipments
- Parquet polishing brush
Cargo Operative Staff Office handles all kinds of goods being properly packed and supported by required Customs documents.
To obtain approval for export or import or to book space in aircraft for special shipment like dangerous goods (ammunition), weapons (sport, hunting, etc.), it is necessary to make announcement and present all supporting documentation (permits) to the Cargo Center, Customs Office and Border Police Unit at Sarajevo Airport.
Mortal remains (HUM) must be supported with a „CONSIGNMENT NOTE“ – a document issued by Embassy or consulate.